Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back to Spring 2004

One day on spring 2004, Me and my fellow Indonesian was invited for lunch by our beloved Mrs. Cliff who have been kind to us during our study in Madison. So, 7 of us went to her house and we decided we want to bring something. My roomate Renny and I didn't have any idea what to bring, and we finally decided that we would bring (Indonesian) fried noodles and perkedel (made from mashed potatoes, perkedel is very famous to our foreign friends, they always ask perkedel whenever there's a potluck event going on). The lunch also attended by our professors, Prof. Gerard Thain and wife, Prof. John Ohnesorge and wife, Ms. Susan Katcher and husband, Ms. Jessica Harrison and husband. Mrs. Ohnesorge was happened to love the (Indonesian) friend noodles and the perkedel (Mr. and Mrs Ohnesorge are very fond of Indonesian dish and regularly visit Bandung Restaurant , the only Indonesian Restaurant in Madison to have rijjstafel), so I wrote down the recipes for her.

3 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah perkedel ternyata jadi favorit ya :)
salam solidaritasKEBERSAMAAN

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger ~OneToZero~ said...

I think you forgot "tumis kangkung", Hahahaha... Some people over there like it to much, tho.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger weetha said...

Hahaha...never thought of that b4, that it might work 4 'tumis kangkung'. I found lots of spices, you'd be surprise for what I've found at asian grocery store, there's 1 section dedicated for Indonesian product, for example you can find the famoust Indonesian sweet soy sauce 'kecap bango', or my fav. tempe (it is called 'tempeh' there), so most of the time I cooked Indonesian food. When I want to have Indonesian dish and I don't know how to make it, I would call home and ask my mom :). See, it's funny that sometimes I cooked some Indonesian dish that I haven't try before at home and it went perfectly well (well..with a little bit accident that almost triggered my apartment's smoke alarm :D). What an experience!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home